The Family (Or most of them)

The Family (Or most of them)
The Family

November 13, 2006

WORKING, WET AND WONDERFUL

ASIDE FROM A SQUISHED-TOGETHER ELEVATOR RIDE OR TWO, MY HOPED-FOR MEETING WITH THE B.C. LIONS CHEERLEADERS WAS NOT WHAT I ANTICIPATED.



So now that we've got that myth out of the way (hey, and didja know, they're called the Felions? Meow, purr....), what was Vancouver really like?
Well, it was a whole bunch of this...





It rained, and rained, and rained...and then it rained some more. Vancouver's a beautiful city, but I did not bring an umbrella. I felt like I was in the Vancouver Aquarium the entire weekend.

But it was also about this...wild fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders (green, left) and the Lions (red, right) getting together to watch the Lions win the Canadian Football League West Division Final.

The Lions will arrive in my city, Winnipeg, tomorrow along with the Montreal Alouettes for Sunday's CFL championship, the 94th Grey Cup, and I'll be working on that all week for my newspaper.

The weekend was also about a chance to get to meet the beautiful and talented MJ The Infomaniac, but I'll post about that meeting when I get the chance. I did not get the opportunity to meet Andrea of Colouring Outside the Lions. :-(

Right now, I need to dry out, my computer keyboard is wet.

8 comments:

  1. And what did I tell you BEFORE you left Winterpeg? Did I not say, "Bring raingear, WW." Well, I TOLD YOU SO!

    What football game? Was there a big game here on the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't talk to me about rain... I live in Melbourne. Bah. Two weeks before the official start of summer, and today is freezing cold and raining and windy and just plain miserable! Typical Melbourne weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the Infomaniac! She is so crazy!!!

    Let me guess MJ is actually Bill Vanderzan in real life!
    No..OK she is a Doukhobor and protested something by stripping off all of her clothes..no too cold this time of year..
    OK tell us How wacky and zany is she/he in real life?

    Dying to know,
    Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ:

    And I told you I had no raingear because the sun shines every day in Winnipeg.

    Yes, there was a true football game in Vancouver on Sunday...unlike that other game that tries to call itself football.

    Stace:

    Boo hoo!!!!!

    Homer:

    MJ is not Bill Vander Zalm, the former Social Credit premier of B.C. with the mile-wide smile, although she looks somewhat like him.

    She did not strip off all her clothes, at least not that I noticed.

    See above. I've offered all I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was disappointed that you were so busy (kept hoping you'd call) but I hear there was a game in town. :)Next time maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea:

    So sorry I didn't call...I kinda figured we wouldn't be able to meet anyway, so why bother??

    But I shoulda.

    Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

    Next time for sure. Or you've got to visit here to check out the works of that grandpa of yours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. um- ww- if you knew it was gonna be raining... why'd you leave your brolly behind?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel:

    Brollies are for babies. Uh...no, I just don't have one and I have a sense of false bravado.

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to use anonymous to comment, it is only fair that I reserve the right to obliterate your comment from my blog.