The Family (Or most of them)

The Family (Or most of them)
The Family

March 18, 2011

Neepawa

This where I am. In Neepawa, Manitoba, Canada. The birthplace of author Margaret Laurence, who wrote a The Stone Diaries, among other books. And this is who I'm getting married to.


This is her beautiful sisters. Hey Meester, do you want to buy my seesters?
Besides being known for being the birthplace of author Margaret Laurence, Neepawa also bills itself as the lily capital of the world. It has a lily festival here every summer.





This is, of course, the proverbial stone angel.






This, again, is the stone angel. Some days, I feel just this way. Seriously, my future wife's parents are buried here. The author's remains are also there.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Margaret Lawrence was from Neepawa.

    So good to see you blogging again. Yay! :)

    How are the wedding plans coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 p.m.

    SYRIA and IRELAND..it's all a bunch of BAULSHET and DATIL- UNTIL- POTTILE make that plain.
    And so does GED who hit his MP3 sister.
    And that brought down KANSAS KINGS.
    SYNCTO- SYROCIS steal just FOCONTEN.

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to use anonymous to comment, it is only fair that I reserve the right to obliterate your comment from my blog.